Al Qaeda are mercenaries, linked to the drugs trade.
Robin Cook was the UK government minister in charge of Britain's Secret Intelligence Service, MI6.
Robin Cook revealed that 'al Qaeda' was 'a list of people working for the CIA'.
What happened to Robin Cook?
Robin Cook's affair with a young lady was splashed across the newspaper front pages.
Robin Cook then died rather suddenly....
Al Qaeda-linked Abdulhakim Belhaj, aka Abdel- Hakim al-Hasidi, who has been put into power in Libya by NATO
On 7 September 2011, French academic Thierry Meyssan tells us more about Al Qaeda, and their use by the CIA in Libya and elsewhere. (www.voltairenet.org/a171328)
We paraphrase and summarise Meyssan's report, using our own words.
According to Meyssan:
1. Al Qaeda is a bunch of mercenaries used by the USA to fight in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Chechnya, Kosovo, Iraq, and now Libya, Syria and Yemen.
2. The boss of Al Qaeda in Libya, Abdel Hakim Belhadj, is now the military boss in Tripoli and is now in charge of organizing Libya's army.
3. In the 1980s, the CIA began recruiting mercenaries in Libya.
These mercenaries were trained in Pakistan by the billionaire Osama bin Laden.
4. In 1994, Osama bin Laden sent his Libyan mercenaries to kill Gaddafi.
5. On 1995, Osama's Libyan mercenaries were given the name Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG).
6. According to former UK spy David Shayler, Osama's LIFG was funded by the UK spy service MI6.
Panetta's family reportedly come from a town in Italy linked to organised crime.
7. Osama's Libyans moved to Afghanistan.
8. People linked to Osama's Libyan LIFG continue to operate on UK territory under MI6 protection.
9. On 6 March 2004, the LIFG leader Abdel Hakim Belhadj, who had fought alongside Osama bin Laden, was arrested in Malaysia.
Reportedly he was handed over to Gaddafi's Libya.
10. In 2005, Western spooks organised a meeting of anti-Gaddafi Libyans in London.
These included the Muslim Brotherhood and Osama's LIFG.
11. In 2005, a Libyan called Abu al-Laith al-Liby was able to 'escape' from the maximum security prison in Bagram (Afghanistan) and became one of the leaders of al-Qaeda.
Large numbers of Osama's Libyan LIFG fought in Iraq.
12. In 2007, Ayman al-Zawahiri and Abu al-Laith al-Liby announced that LIFG was part of Al-Qaeda.
Abu al-Laith al-Liby became Al-Qaeda’s No 2 man.
Prince Bandar Bin Sultan with Bush.
13. In 2008-2010 Gaddafi's Libya negotiated a truce with the LIFG. All members of Al-Qaeda were pardoned and released on condition they renounced violence.
14. Abdel Hakim Belhadj moved to Qatar.
15. In early 2011, Saudi Arabia's Prince Bandar Bin Sultan made a series of trips with the aim of revitalizing al Qaeda.
16. Recruitment offices were opened in Malaysia.
In Mazar-i-Sharif, more than 1,500 Afghans signed up for al Qaeda work in Libya, Syria and Yemen.
Reportedly, the Hebrew speaking Mohamed Atta flew drugs out of Venice, Florida, for the CIA.
17. On 17 February 2011, the "National Libyan Opposition Conference" organized a "day of anger" in Benghazi, which sparked the beginning of the recent war against Gaddafi.
On 23 February, LIFG's Imam Abdelkarim al-Hasadi proclaimed the creation of an Islamic Emirate in Derna, the most fundamentalist city in Libya.
The burqa was made mandatory and corporal punishment reinstated. Emir al-Hasidi has his own army.
18. All across "liberated" Cyrenaica, Al-Qaeda men have gone in for massacre and torture; they have specialized in slitting the throats of Gaddafi sympathizers, eye-plucking and cutting off the breasts of immodest women.
The following people have reportedly been:
(A) CIA assets
(B) involved in the drugs trade:
1. Osama bin Laden
2. David Headley, planner of the 2008 Mumbai attacks
3. Dawood Ibrahim, drug lord
4. Pakistan's president Zia ul Haq
5. Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, drug lord from Afghanistan
6. Monzer al Kassar, drug lord linked to Lockerbie.
How might the CIA be financing al Qaeda?
By involvement with drugs gangs?
At the time of Iran-Contra, Monzer al Kassar reportedly helped the CIA smuggle drugs out of Lebanon. (LOCKERBIE AND THE FINANCING OF 9 11)
In Pakistan the CIA worked with President Zia-ul-Haq, who "was running the drug trade."
In Afghanistan the CIA worked with Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, who was the top figure running the drug trade. (The Imperial Anatomy of Al-Qaeda. The CIA's Drug-Running ...)
Bin Laden, according to an official source, used profits from the drug trade to finance al Qaeda. (Los Angeles Times, September/15/01)
According to the New York Times, on 12/10/01, al-Qaeda's mujahedin worked with the US in Bosnia.
"Militants linked to Al Qaeda ... established connections with Bosnian organized crime figures.
"Officials said Al Qaeda ... found a route for the trafficking of heroin from Afghanistan into Europe through the Balkans."
Thus, the CIA knew that al-Qaeda was involved in heroin-trafficking. (Al-Qaeda, the Taliban, the Northern Alliance, and Drug-Trafficking)
David Headley worked for the US Drug Enforcement Administration.
The "close institutional relationship between the DEA and the CIA continues up to the present day". (Alfred W. McCoy)
According to Daniel Hopsicker: Barry Seal "told investigators that between March 1984, and August 1985, he made a quarter-million dollars smuggling up to 15,000 kilos of cocaine while working for the DEA." (Barry Seal)
On 11 February 2010, Forbes reported
1. Al Qaeda (CIA) in North Africa ... "appears to be involved in the trafficking of Latin American cocaine through Africa to Spain".
2. Michael Braun, chief of operations at the DEA until 2008, says "There is more clear evidence showing al Qaeda's (CIA's) growing involvement in the Afghan heroin trade on the Pakistan side of the border."
3. Dawood Ibrahim runs a 5,000 member gang involved in narcotics and operates mostly from Pakistan, India and the United Arab Emirates.
According to the US government, Ibrahim shares smuggling routes with al Qaeda (CIA) and has worked with both al Qaeda and its affiliate, Lashkar-e-Taiba.
Lashkar has been blamed for carrying out the 2008 Mumbai attacks, possibly with Ibrahim's help.
4. According to a federal indictment, in 2006 a Pakistani financier for Lashkar-e-Taiba handed David Headley of Chicago $25,000 to conduct video surveillance in India in preparation for the Mumbai attack.
"Arif Qasmani, a chief Lashkar coordinator who has raised funds from crime boss Ibrahim, has been providing al Qaeda with supplies and weapons.
"In return al Qaeda loaned to Lashkar operatives who helped carry out the 2006 train bombings in Mumbai."
"The CIA created a unit in Haiti, whose purported purpose was anti-drug activity, but was in reality 'used as an instrument of political terror', and was heavily involved in drug trafficking.
"The members of the unit were known to torture Aristide supporters... According to one U.S. official, the unit was trafficking drugs and never produced any useful drug intelligence" 
(CIA drug trafficking - Wikipedia)
According to Peter Dale Scott, Mexico's intelligence agency, the Dirección Federal de Seguridad, was in part a CIA creation.
DFS badges, "handed out to top-level Mexican drug-traffickers, have been labelled by DEA agents a virtual 'license to traffic.'"
Scott says that "The Guadalajara Cartel, Mexico's most powerful drug-trafficking network in the early 1980s, prospered largely because it enjoyed the protection of the DFS, under its chief Miguel Nassar (or Nazar) Haro, a CIA asset." (CIA drug trafficking - Wikipedia)
"The town is home to the 'Ndrangheta, a Mafia-type criminal organization based in Calabria. Several powerful criminal clans originate from the town. Siderno was the fiefdom of Antonio Macrì, the undisputed local boss until his demise in January 1975. Several of the criminal clans are sometimes involved in bloody feuds. The town is home to one of the 'Ndrangheta's biggest and most important clans, the Commisso 'ndrina, heavily involved in the global cocaine business and money laundering.
Several clans moved to Canada, in particular the Greater Toronto Area, home to what Canadian law enforcement call the Siderno Group, which has been here since at least the 1950s. "The criminal minds of Siderno are in Canada", according to the Siderno police force. One of them, Antonio Commisso, was arrested in June 2005."